The International Spanish Academy (ISA) Committee was created in 2014. It exists as part of the Puesta del Sol PTA but serves all of the ISA programs: Puesta del Sol Elementary, Tillicum Middle School, Newport High School and Sammamish High School. It was created with the following goals in mind:
1. Serve as a resource of information about the ISA for families in the program.
2. Facilitate integration across the four schools.
3. Cultivate the Spanish language and culture through cross school activities.
Priorities for the 2016-17 School Year Include:
1. Expanding the Immersion: Study Abroad Program for High School, Spanish Outside of School (SOS) Opportunities, Community Service Projects, Summer Opportunities Calendar
2. Integrating Across Schools: Inter School Transitions information nights, Possible Art and Culture Programming, Integration with the Belleve School District and Spanish Ministry of Education
3. Stewarding the ISA Program: ISA Vision Workshop, Communication (blog and PTA website), Alumni Relations, Funding and PTA Board Liaison
Follow this blog to get all posts sent directly to you. Go to the Posts tab, scroll to the bottom right and choose Follow.
Join these Facebook pages: Puesta del Sol Elementary – All Grade Parent Discussion and Spanish Immersion Parents – Tillicum and Newport
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org